There may be times when an error similar to the following occurs:
A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\WhereScape Software Limited\WhereScape RED 6.8.4.00\install\disk1.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate the cabinet file is corrupt.
This error may occur when installing WhereScape RED onto a computer that has no internet access and the required software signing certificates are not installed on the computer. Therefore the software author cannot be verified and the installation fails.
Enable internet access (i.e. open ports 80 & 443) for the duration of the software installation.
If enabling internet access is not possible, then the required certificates will need to be manually installed on to the computer. In this case, please contact WhereScape Product Support to request assistance.
- Via the internet: https://support.wherescape.com/support/tickets/new
- Via email: Helpdesk@wherescape.com
Please include the following details in your request:
- Subject: Updated Root Certificates Required for Product Install
- A copy of the error message you receive
- The product & version you are attempting to install